A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Something Stirring Out There.

   You've probably heard that the southland of this country has been ripped up by tornados and straight line storms over the last few days.
   Over two hundred people have been killed, including 8 in my state, Virginia.
   I might have been one of them if something hadn't been stirring out there and nudged me to cancel a trip to Richmond the next day. It's only a 3 hour drive from my house, and I was going to see my daughter and her family. I was feeling uneasy about the trip - for no reason that I can think of - and on the morning before I was due to leave, I called Karen to firm up the visit and she said several things had come up. My grand daughhter Courtney wasn't going to be there, (I wanted to see her in her new prom dress) she and Randy had a wedding to go to on Saturday, and Brock's baseball game would be cancelled because of the storms. So we decided to postpone my trip.
   Good thing. A tornado raced down I-64 the next day - the route I take to get to their house.
   Maybe that explains the uneasiness about the trip. Whether the tornado and I would have actually met is anybody's guess. But .... Something was stirring out there.

No comments: