A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Friday, April 15, 2011

The School of Hard Whops

   It gets confusing.
   The world  is filled with living, breathing beings. We see them as people, earthlings if you will. I'm quite sure there are all sorts of other beings on other worlds but for the time being, let's look at us.
   What I do know is this: In reality, we are all spirits, strong, powerful beings who have agreed to come to earth for one or more lifetimes.
   What I want to know is this: Why on earth would I chose to live on earth? With all its suffering, its hatred, its meaness - why? Why didn't I choose to be a gorgeous bubble of irridescent gas floating around deep space at the birth of this universe? How very peaceful. Or better still, I could have stayed on my cushy cloud strumming my harp? It's also possible I haven't quite earned that status yet, and if I want to, I'd better get down here and learn some hard lessons. Perhaps. And if that's the case, we've come to the right school. We're in a very dense vibration with a degree of difficulty that will test us to the limits of our endurance. And sometimes beyond. If we conme close to mastering our humanity, like anything else, we will emerge stronger, better and wiser beings. With more kudos than we had when we arrived. 
   I think we have some choice as to how we weather this lifetime. And that in itself is a choice. We can choose to be active, pro-active or static. Free will is a double-edged tool. Have you noticed? It can be wielded in any direction and here too, we are required to make choices. We can learn the lessons we've chosen (that's right) or reject them.
     One thing is clear, my spirit has decided on this earth course to move us forward, so I don't want this physical me to mess up the plan by going backwards. I have to keep remembering that I am a strong and powerful spirit who has chosen to experience humanity.
    

No comments: