A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spirit Senses

     Will I know you in Heaven? Will you know me? Will we look the same - you and me? Sometimes I wonder that if I live to be old - really old - will you recognize me? I know I'll know you Drew, because you're forever young. The answer is yes - we'll see and remember everything through our Spirit Senses.
     When I first began this blog, I talked about seeing spirits, talking to spirits - people who have passed on. Like the little guy in the movie "Sixth Sense" ...I see dead people.  :o) That's scary - but accurate enough in the language of a child. who cannot yet articulate exactly what he sees.
      When I see and tallk to spirit, here's what I "see."
     Using the language and senses of my soul which have more depth, more dimension and more feeling than any we are given to work with here on earth, I first sense a presence. Have you ever felt as though someone was staring at you? And if you glance up and across the room, you see that actually someone is staring at you? That's your soul sensing another soul in its vicinity. Remember, you are in fact a spirit living here in a physical body.This is not the physical you having a woowooo Twilight Zone experience, it's your soul stepping out of its earthly experience for a moment, to be a spirit again.
     So this is what happens first. I sense a presense nearby. I recognize what's happening and now I involve all of me in the the experience. I join my spirit, saying, "I'm here."
     Now that I've joined body and soul together, I get a sense of who I'm "picking up". Male or female. Or is it an animal I knew in life? The impression is very clear and long before I actually see through the eyes of spirit, I know who I'm with.
     Suppose it's my father. I feel his personality, I hear a song he sang to me as a child and my heart leaps. I may smell his cigar smoke. "Dad's here!" Now I begin to see him as though he was right in front of me. I allow his being to show me himself as he is now. (They are always much younger than they were when they went over. Usually about 30 or 40 - whatever they think is the perfect age for them) I can see what he's wearing. I can see if he's carrying anything, like a book, a cane, an umbrella ... he may be wearing a coat - or shorts. He's all there. Then I sense his mood. Is he happy, confused, sad? Is his demeanor urgently trying to tell me something or, as sometimes happens with Drew - "I Just Called to Say I love You?" Just popped in. If there is something they want to say, this is the time to let them know you're listening. Ask, "Is there something you want to tell me?" You may get silence. Followed by one single word - or a stream of thought that goes so quickly you're scrambling to keep up. This is when I grab a pencil and a piece of paper and start scribbling. Sometimes they want to show you where they are now. This is your turn to ask questions. "Have you seen so and so??" He didn't go to hell after all!! Just kidding - you know I don't believe in hell. Is Mom there? Is there music? Is there football? Are there mountains, can you ski?
     They'll tell you. 
     You know when they're ready to go. They simply fade. Maybe they'll say something like "Gotta go!" as Drew does. Maybe they'll just smile and leave.
     This is spirit communication. We can all do it. We just have to remember who we are. Powerful spirits living on earth in earth bodies - but with all of our spirit senses alive and well. We just have to remember.
      And believe.
     Next blog, we'll talk about meeting people we know Heaven.

No comments: