A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Shaft of Light

   For many years before Drew died, the afterlife and soul-survival, consciousness and all of those topics that intrigue us, intrigued me more than anyone.  So with shaky bravery and much trepidation, I embarked on a course of study that started about ten years ago and will probably not be done until I'm whisked over into the next dimension - euphimistically known as The Other Side.
    All of these topics I mention are the nuts and bolts of the Twilight Zone creators and at times, I'm sure, the stuff of madness. 
   My approach to the study came with both feet squiggling in the mud of terra firma squelching through my toes, thoroughly grounded in scepticism, while the ethereal me soared into the stratosphere of soul searching. Literally - looking for evidence of a real and tangible soul that is said to reside within or without us or at least lurking very close by - and quite uniqiue to each of us.
    My, my! A soul that would shed light on all the questions I had. Imagine! A mystical me who had all the answers. A buffet of knowledge. What bliss. (These are the thoughts dreams are made of.)
   A lot of us take comfort in the relative sanity of a squinty eyed disbelief in in such things. But those of us who choose an open-minded approach, embark on a journey that not even Disney could imagine - although he's touched on it.   
   Can animals speak? You Betcha! Bambis, Mickey Mice - baby grizzlies too. Is there another dimension - beyond the third that we supposedly live in? Many other dimensions. Is there life out there? Oh My God Yes! Come ON! On other planets or in one of these other so-called dimensions? Both. Don't squint at me, young lady. 
   During this long study course of things we might call "Supernatural", never once did it occur to me that it was all dictated by some unseen hand, a preparation for what was coming into my life in the form of a giant rockfall. But it was. Fate, destiny, unseen hand - whatever you want to call it - was merciful in blind folding me, deafening me to the rumble in the mountain that was about to come crashing down.
    
Tomorrow!   
  

No comments: