A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Begining

   I'm so glad you responded - that was kind of you and much appreciated.

   A good friend of mine gave me a leather bound journal soon after I got home from Colorado and insisted that I start writing down every little thing that happened around this grieving space I was in. This, at a time when it was doubtful whether I could remember my name from one day to the next. In fact, If I could remember my name, it was likely that I had no clue where I was. I missed appointments, I forgot to mail out a bill or two - not good - and the harder I tried the worse it got. There were days when I couldn't remember if it was spring or fall. Then I saw the daffodils.
   Finally, I came to the conclusion that this state I was in - bottomless grief - had a mind of its own. You can't push it or hurry it. It goes in phases and in the end, all you can do is to walk with it, every step of the way until, in its own time, it lightens. And I was going to have to use every tool in my toolbox (which was pretty much empty) to begin to heal. I decided that pulling through this, was going to have to involve Body, Mind and Spirit. 
   So I exercized myself down to an embryonic size - I've never actually been an embryonic size since I was an embryo but it was close - I read everything pertaining to this that I could get my hands on, lived on my computer googling stuff I couldn't find in the library and then...my spirit began to write.
    "Show Me Heaven, Drew" was born.
   Things began to race and it wasn't long before the journal was reincarnated into book form.
   But there was a snag. I belong to the Zodiac sign of Libra. Which is all well and good but we librans have a small problem. We can't make a decision to save our lives and the decision facing me was, Where to Start?
   Agony, agony as Bugs Bunny used to say.
   The suddenly, in a flash of brilliance that came from who knows where, it occurred to me to Start at the Beginning!
   It goes something like this:

"The last time I saw Drew alive was at the station in Springfield, Virginia. The next time I saw Drew alive he was in spirit on a cold, snowy night in Denver."

  On Monday (If I can remember how to get back on this blog thing) I'll tell you about it. I will show you the beginning.

No comments: