A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Page One

   Chapter 1.
   
   " ...  That's right. I see Spirits. I hear them, I talk to them and I feel them.
    Most people do but you'd never know it because they don't always believe it themselves and they would never tell you about it even if they did. That would open them up to sideways looks and in some cases, ridicule. In fact, it wasn't long ago that if anyone casually mentioned thyat they could talk to dead people, they would be hauled up before some council and after a great deal of bluster and spraying spit from middle-aged men with large stomachs and pitted noses, they would find themselves in the back of a trundle cart on the road to the nearest bonfire.
   It's possible that heretic burning is outdated in the 21st. century so that doesn't worry me and strange looks and ridicule are not my concern. I see Spirit as certainly as I could see you if you were sitting in front of me - and I've been observing them from the outside for nearly twenty years.
   The story I'm about to tell you has an element of magic, only because it is not told often enough. It is not a new idea. It is older than time - whatever that is. This story has no agenda but to open doors for anyone daring enough to walk through them and pick up a roadmap. A roadmap so unique that it works for no one but you. No one can follow it or walk it but you.       
   My roadmap however, must have had a fold in the wrong place. Or a coffee splatt right over the mountain I'd been approaching all my life, because I never saw the rockfall  coming, never heard the rumble until the mountain was on top of me on November 28th 2008.
   On the day after Thanksgiving that year, my world was thrown into chaos with the death of my 26 year old son Drew. Disbelief filled my being. Everything secure, believable and sane was suspended in the space around me. My young family and I moved in slow motion, disturbing the air around us but with no feeling of self.
   And then just as suddenly, five days later in a Denver hotel room, with the wind blowing snow against the window as we waited for the arrival of his ashes, a shaft of light appeared like a midnight flare across the sky, stinging my awareness into sharp focus that Drew's soul had survived death.
    Was this real? My brain struggled from somewhere deep inside me to grasp what was happening. 
   With no warning, in a vivid flash of irridescent blue light, Drew was in front of me, vibrant and whole.
His face was alive with emotion, he communicated soundlessly through thought ... and my senses, now as sharp as thin ice, picked up the essence of his prescence, the almost tangible density of his energy.
   My world convulsed again and I was hurled into a place beyond imagination.
   As the fog cleared and I gazed beyond my earth, beyond my sky into another place my roadmap had hidden from sight, I knew that I was on the edge of an unknown space in an indeterminate frame and I strained to see more."

 Back Soon.
Thanks for being here. If you liked this, please post a comment on the blog. I value your feed back, your input, your own experiences. And prospective editors scan these sites all the time. 
           

No comments: