A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreamscape

   The vision I told you about in yesterday's blog wasn't a dream. I was wide awake, Karen my daughter was with me and as the images appeared I began to talk to her, telling her what I was seeing - terrified that I would forget something or it would vanish before anyone but me knew what I'd witnessed. 

   Here's the thing about dreams. They come in all sorts of forms, colours and shapes.
   Have you ever had a dream that wasn't a dream? A dream that was so real you felt as though you were standing close beside someone. So close you could feel the warmth emanating from that person. If you dreamed you were holding a baby, you could feel its softness, see the love in it's eyes, feel the pleasure as you hold it close... In another dream you could smell the flowers nearby, feel the wind blowing through trees that were vibrantly green. You could feel the energy in the dream whether it was joy or sadness, love or laughter... here on earth in a place you know, or most likely in a place you've never seen... 

   When you woke up the energy was still with you. Did you wake up laughing? Or crying? Or just filled with a feeling of warmth and love like none other? And somehow you just know you were there with that person ...somehow. You wonder how, but you know on some level, a soul level, that it was no dream. It was real.

   I call those dreams, visits. Do you believe that you have a soul, or as some would call it, a spirit? And might it be possible that that spirit might leave for a moment or two while you're asleep and go and find something to do? Maybe it gets restless or bored and you're sound asleep and God forbid, snoring. What's a spirit supposed to do? (I can tell you, mine isn't going to hang round drumming it's fingers while the physical me sleeps. Or snores.) Or is it feeling compelled to leave for just a minute to merge with someone it once knew on this earth, someone it loved dearly? Someone that left your soul behind and moved to another dimension.

   It's all possible. In fact, over the last year I've come to believe that there is a massive field of possibilities, probabilities and other realities out there. All you have to do is open your mind to the limitless pontential of the universe and let it it in.

   Of course, that spirit of yours might just as easily be missing and longing for a friend, a child, a parent or a lover who's still on our earth. And it might take a short flight over to where they are. When that happens, especially in that time just before waking, you might dream of that friend or lover or relative and feel all the joy of a real life reunion.

   I once dreamed I was at a party. A very rowdy party. And as I stood there, listening to music I didn't recognise, chatter I couldn't quite make out, this dreamy guy (I mean hot) walked over and handed me a scrap of paper. He wasn't someone I remember ever meeting before. I felt very warm in his presense.  Melting almost and why not. You should have seen this man! I liked him. We communicated soundlessly for a few seconds and I got that he had written his phone number on that note.

   I awoke with a start, flushed and excited, opened my hand - no note. My heart fell. Why hadn't I looked at that number before I woke up! 

   It's a warm thought. One soul seeking another - lives touching for one brief moment - maybe to say "I love you" or "I'm here..." and then the moment passes.

   Sometimes a dream will come with a "Heads up!" Something's coming. Something's going to happen. A warning, that we sometimes take note of but mostly, we just mull it over after waking.  

   For now, I wish you sweet dreams and, happy reunions.

No comments: