A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bright Star

   Drew died in Colorado. A few days later when I spoke at a memorial gathering of his friends and co-workers I told them this: 

  "If I had been born Arapaho or Lakota or Cheyenne, I would have been very comfortable with the idea that one day, a very bright star looked down from heaven, his eyes glittered, he beamed and decided to come down for a visit. He came to have fun and to bring fun into all the lives he would touch. To kick the planet up a notch, to make it shine a little brighter and to love a little stronger."

   As with all stars as hot and as bright as this one, they burn out quickly.The light around them dims as it gets further and further away from us but closer and closer to heaven where it explodes in a firey shower of love and laughter.

   And I hear Drew saying through his light and laughter as it trickles back to earth,  "It was fun! Gotta Go! Have Fun!" .  

No comments: