A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Go Snow!

There are two ways to take this: Either 'Go Snow, snow your little heart out, Have fun!' Or: Leave! We've had enough already! The Blue Jay skidded in to land on the patio table this morning and found himself up to his ears in snow. The Sparrows can't be found, and the reason I know there are Chicadees pecking at the seed is that every so often I see a flurry of snowy and a little black cap. The Canada Geese stopped by on their way back North and they're sitting out there on a sandbar looking like ice cream cones saying, "Seriously?" This is The South y'all! What's going on? And my ghost friends have melted into the fog. Not a single see-through person to be found. We have Snow geese why not Snow Ghosts? (Okay, sorry, my brain has melted into the fog too apparently.) I wanted to pen something inspiring but inspiration has flown the coop. Even the house ghost I wrote to you about had a couple of weeks ago has left. I could tell you about the Civil War ghost I found at an old confederate hospital just outside Charlottesville who asked for a ride back to Pennsylvania. Or the W.W.2 ghost that lived in an apartment in New York City - he went down with a submarine. Strangest thing that. When he popped in I could actually feel water rising around my legs. Or there was the Scottish miner in Grand Lake Colorado - cheeky fellow. And a big husky guy who was travelling with a wagon train, taking his family out west. They were trying to get through the mountains before winter set in. Or the children dancing in an old house in Williamsburg ... So many interesting folk. And you will meet them - as soon as the print copy of Rainbow Rising is released. In the meantime, as I wait to hear from the publisher, I'm working on Book 3. Have you ever met a baby before it was born? Or listened to a child tell you where she came from? Before this earth, in that time Before. Fun! It's writing well, another non-fiction, and if you'd like to include your own experience in it, it's about young children, and also people who are leaving our earth - who see and know so much more then we do. I would love to hear it. Just email me at giniabrock@aol.com For now, our dusting of snow has turned into four inches and still snowing. I hope the sun is shining where you are. Soak up a little for me. And send our big star to Virginia.

No comments: