A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Things that go Clatter ... Clatter

Okay, everyone - Ghost alert. Just before I went to bed a couple of nights ago, I looked out of the kitchen window on to my walkway, and noticed that one of the solar lights was blinking on and off. Of course it was - I'd be blinking on and off in this cold too. So I went to bed, tucked myself in with a book and shortly thereafter turned the light off. I lay there, I'd be asleep soon. I closed my eyes then popped them wide open wondering if I shut the fireplace doors... Better check. No. Of course I did. But maybe I didn't ... Not wanting to wake up in a cloud of smoke at 2:00a.m. so up I got , padded through to the living room - and closed the fire place doors. But wait - as I leaned forward to close them, the television blared on. Seriously? It was off. Firmly turned off when I went to bed. The remote was on the coffee table six feet behind me. Hellllooo? The announcers were talking loudly about the missing Malaysian plane. I was the first inkling I had that there was a possible disaster looming in the South China Sea. So I watched for about a half hour and went back to bed. I climbed in, turned the light off and closed my eyes. Then, clatter, clatter, clatter, bump, bump!! What th' ... I sat up, jumped up, and walked down the hall to find the cause. My printer light was on and the machine spluttered once as I stood there in the doorway - and was quiet. It was plugged into the wall - but it wasn't plugged into the computer so no one gave it the signal to clatter ... If I was an electrical engineer I'd probably figure this out perfectly rationally. But I'm not. So, to my way of thinking, even if there were three perfectly rational reasons for all this .. they happened. 1,2,3... Three signs that someone out there wants to chat. And they're fooling with my electronics. This is something they like to do. I think spirits can ride electrical energy into our third dimension from wherever they are. It's a lot easier for them to negotiate than our murky, swampy, heavy earth dimension. They frequently use electricity as a conduit. I'll keep you posted. I'm not sure who it is yet, but think there's a ghost in my house. And keep an eye out for lights blinking on and off, music playing unexpectedly, or a telephone ringing unaccountably. You never know. Someone may be trying to reach you. Probably someone you love. See you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear who is trying to reach out to you!