A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What a Coincidence

Before I tell you about the "coincidence", I want to tell you that The Book is slated for release in June. I can't wait for you to read it. It's so much FUN! I know that sounds weird given it's subject matter - but it is.
The publishers have re-named it. It is now called "By Morning's Light". It took me a while to let go of "Show Me Heaven, Drew" (this is like sending your baby to school for the first time - got to lose some control, got to let go. Ouch.) but now I like it.

So, yesterday was my birthday. Numerologically it worked out like this: (the date 10-10-11) 1+0+1+0+2+0+1+1  =  6. A good number made up of 3s which are full of love. So much love poured in birthday messages. I turned 66. Double good. add those together you get 18 (1+8)  = 9 ... The number of all wishes coming true! What a wonderful day.

All the kids and grandkids called or emailed/texted/facebooked, and friends from all over the world got in touch. It was a great day but towards the end of it, reality set in, I climbed off my blue-bird-of-happiness perch a bit and remembered that Drew wasn't here. There'd be no call from Drew today.

Or would there ... 

In the book I talk about signs from Drew that he's still around. Not long before he passed he sent me the trilogy of "Pirates of the Carribean" to watch and keep. I wasn't really big on pirates to tell you the truth, but I am now because Drew seems to choose this pirate theme to send signs.

So, last night as I was 'going down', I switched on TV and was watching "Dancing with the Stars" (Did you watch it?) and as I half-watched, I realized that one of the pairs was dressed up as pirates and waltzing to "The Black Pearl" (name of the pirate ship) from "Pirates of the Caribbean." Hmmm.  Pirates, a parrot - my favorite dance - Drew's movies -and at the end of the dance, the male dancer stepped forward with a  "Happy Birthday ..." message. Loud and clear.

I don't believe in coincidence.

Thank you Sweet Drew.

No comments: