A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Asking For Signs

I do it all the time. It goes like this:

I'm sure I interpreted this dream right, I know what I saw, I know what I heard - but just in case I didn't - will you show me a sign? 

The question is posed to my panel of spirit friends and family and that huge mass of Universal Intelligence  out there. And I always get a sign in reply. It will be the one I asked for, or one that is so individual I can't miss it. Sometimes signs come unasked for. A puff of cigarette smoke, a whiff of my mother's perfume - so out of date you probably can't find it anynmore ... all of them say, "I'm here. I haven't gone anywhere. I've just changed."

Walt, my late husband sends feathers. Drew sends doves and a friend of mine who has lost a daughter finds heart-shaped rocks everywhere she goes.

Yesterday, I spent the day writing (composing) the second book. It's theme is re-incarnation. Did I tell you that? And as I was writing, a phrase occurred to me. "Goodbyes are never what they seem." I wrote it down.

Walking down to the water in the late afternoon, I thought about that phrase again and as I did I noticed two soft breast feathers fluttering on the ground. The ones that grow close to the heart. They were grey with round black spots on them - so pretty. I picked them up and as I did so I smiled and thanked Walt, Drew and the Turtle Dove who dropped them. Then turning to walk away, on the edge of the lake, I noticed a long forgotton rose bush choked by tall grasses, with a single red rose bud. In late October. What do you think?

It's true - good byes are never what they seem.


  

No comments: