A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summertime

I'm loving this summer.
I don't know what's going on with the weather but it almost reminds me of the tropics. It seems to rain every afternoon for about an hour and sometimes during the night and then the next morning it's brilliantly clear and sunny. The flowere are thriving along the pathway and the lake is full.
What a beautiful planet we live on.
Sometimes while I'm soaking in its beauty, swimming in the lake, loving the temps in the '80's and walking on fresh green grass, a cloud crosses the sun and darkens the world momentarily. I think of how much Drew is missing. He'll never walk in the grass with me again. He'll never wake up to one of these gorgeous summer days, ready to spring onto his jet ski and dart accross the lake to meet his friends, grab a wakeboard or hike up into the mountains. The feeling's almost overwhelming.
But then I remember a dream his brother told me about. "We were all at the lake - you, me, Dad and Drew. The lake was glistening, blue and clearer and more beautiful than it's ever been. Dad was riding a BMW lawn mower! Do they mke those?? When suddenly, Drew came tearing across a bridge on the biggest, shiniest motor cycle you've ever seen. And drove it right off the bridge and into the lake!. The weird thing was, No one got excited! No one was upset. Nobody yelled! Everyone was calm, as just as suddenly, Drew was standing on the bridge with his cycle dripping wet, a big goofy grin on his face saying, "Look - not a scratch!" And he was right.
The thing that struck me the most was the peace. The place was beautiful, there was love all around us." 
So Drew is here. He can see us and hear us. And wherever he is, it seems to be just like his home on earth. Only much, much more beautiful, peaceful and fun. Such toys! And it's full of love. I love that.

There are Blue birds nesting outside the kitchen window. They too are full of love for those tiny demanding creatures in their nest.

And the sun is shining again.

I'll be writing more from now on. I've been busy meeting deadlines for the book. So exciting! 

No comments: