A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Am Bound for Calif-for- Ny - Ay!

   I'm goin' to California in the mornin'. Remember that old song?  Who sang it? Mama Cass or Peter, Paul and Mary? Or was it The Drifters...  I don't remember.
   Anyway, I'm off to San Francisco for a few days to seem my oldest son Michael and his family. I just got back from Richmond where I spent the Mother's Day weekend with Karen and her family - which is why you haven't seen me here for a few days.
   I am so lucky to have Karen and Randy, Michael and Mary Katherine and Brock, Courtney, Becca, James, Caroline and Tucker. And ....drum roll ..... Miss Kitty.
   No one can fill the place that is Drew's - and nor should they. They are all who they are - beautiful people who I love. Everyone of them unique in his or her own way. And everyone of us miss Drew at these gatherings - each in our own way. Son, brother, uncle. He's never far away.
   Sara and JD called me on Mother's Day - Drew's friends. How sweet is that :)
   So, California Here I come!
   See you when I get back.

No comments: