A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chosen to Be Somebody's Mother

That's an awesome thought. I was chosen to be somebody's mother... or father for that matter, but because it's Mother's Day tomorow, let's talk Moms.
Choosing to be born, choosing which family you want to be born into isn't just my idea. A lot of in-depth research has been done on the psychology front by people whose life purpose is to figure out the rest of us. (Good luck with that.) I'm talking about the psychologists among us. One in particular comes to mind. Helen Wambach, a psychologist who, working with clients under deep hypnosis, was able to explore the "before life" experiences of 750 people. Her research shows that the majority of her subjects both chose to be born and chose their fellow travelers in this life. Some were reluctant to come back, many had help from entities they called "guides" or strong and loving figures who reassured them. Many knew this wasn't going to be easy but felt the need to be here to fulfill some purpose or complete another.
I know from my own experience, that three of my grandchildren 'appeared' in my dreams before they were born - presumably letting us know they were coming into our family. Becca told me that my father who the children called "Papa" and who died years before she was born, encouraged her to choose Karen as her mother. I understand that fully. To be Karen's child, Becca would be given unconditional love and a lot of freedom to live her life her way. Karen is in no way dogmatic or bossy. She's warm, supportive and nurturing. Everything an Aries girl needs! And here's the kicker. I believe that it will be Becca who eventually, 'gives back' with all her innate strength and support, when Karen needs that strength and support in her own life. Give and take.
All of us were chosen too. Interesting perception. And interesting to look into your own lives to see how these choices are working in your life.
I am so honored to have been chosen by these spirits to help them through this life. And so lucky to have been taught by them, supported by them and loved by them.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day. And never forget who you are. A great spirit who has been chosen to be someone's mom.
Have Fun!

No comments: