A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

If you're about my age, you've discovered the true value of friends.
The older I get the more valuable they get. Perhaps it's because at some point we all become each others eyes, noses and are able to borrow brains when ours crash.
My brain was headed for the cliff recently when I discovered that having found my way around simple emailing and figured out a blog site (with the help of friends) and even worked my way through a passable website, (friends again) I got on to A Shaft of Light -my blog- one morning, only to find that overnight everything had gone to hell!
Blogger was on its high horse saying it no longer 'supported' my browser. Its very hurtful to hear, "You are not my friend anymore"!!  Two days after this shocking revelation, brain spinning out of control, with no friends at "Blogger" I discovered, with the help of a friend what a "Browser " is. Good start. Step 1. Steps 2, 3, and 4 nearly sent me to a "home for the bewildered". Bewildered wasn't the word, actually! I was a sleepless, anxiety-ridden, blithering mess. Until! Trumpet fanfare - friends came to the rescue. 
They lent me their brains, gave me suggestions, interpreted the language and shone a light down the dark tunnel of computerdom.
And together we rode off into enlightenment singing campfire songs with a brand new best friend browser named Fire fox. What a fox! 
Thank you all for your help - when this brain of mine gets over this latest assault - you may borrow it. You may use it for whatever you think it's good for. It 'supports' you because you and it are friends. And what good are friends if you can't use them?
We're valuable.
 

1 comment:

Debbi said...

So glad you got things worked out! I so enjoy reading your blog...
Peace,
Debbi