A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Thursday, March 15, 2012

'Tis the Season

Hi Everyone,
I've missed you and the blog which has taken a back seat  lately (as some of my BFFs have) for the reason that I'm working day and night with pre-publishing articles and blogs for Llewellyn's various sites, and giving "By Morning's Light" a last once-over before it goes into print in about two weeks time. 
My house is screaming for attention and I fear it could be put on the "Condemned - Keep OUT" list if there 're any health inspectors roaming my neighborhood. A layer of dust has settled in  and so have a contingent of Stink Bugs leaving obnoxious little foot prints and poop splats on my wood floors. There are also a few of their dead comrades lying toes up here and there where I've gotten up from the computer, grabbed my fly swatter and "Offed" them en passent. I thought that would hold their numbers down at least until the next time I get up from the computer. But I swear the little crappers - like pine trees in fear of extinction - started producing multiple loads of baby bugs. So this morning I went after them and the dust in earnest. We'll see how that works.
I have no sympathy for them. I had a friend once who whenever she swatted a bug of any kind would roll her eyes to Heaven and say, "Go to Jesus." I can't dig up that sort of guilt at all I'm afraid, but for years she added a few colorful strokes to the painting of My Life. She went to Heaven herself not long ago, and I'm sure she's with Jesus - probably surrounded by a jillion thankful little bugs. For me, I hope there's a Bug Heaven somewhere and I hope it's a long way from mine.
Back to the computer!
Hang in there everyone, you never know what's coming next. I hope it's sometthing GREAT! 

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could it be other, Ginny, that the life, whch animates the little stink bug and us, isn't the one and same? Because there is only one "electricty" in existance, which lights every bulb, so there is only one "life" in existance, which animates every form, so it "seems" to me!

The English poet, Blake, said, "That which seems to be, is, to those to whom it seems to be!"

Hmmm.