A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Curiouser and Curiouser

The strangest thing is happening.

While I'm avidly following Llewellyn's publishing process through it's release of my book "By Morning's Light," in June, I've been writing the next book and something very peculiar is happening.

This book (no title yet) is about reincarnation. It isn't a sequel to "Morning's Light". This book was created  ostensibly as a novel. The characters and the events are all make believe. I've never met the people or their dramas - that I know of -  although they could be compilations of a lot of people and events I may have known. Who knows? It has two themes. One is a love story, Ahhhhh ... the second theme throws a flood light on the possibility of past lives and how they intertwine with the present. Both themes fill bookcases in most bookstores and I know you're familiar with what I'm talking about.

My book is set in two different milleniae on two different continents - one ancient and one modern. A lot of research has gone into the ancient place because I've never been there even in modern times, and because middle school history skipped a heck of the a lot of the really interesting stuff and the stuff they taught wasn't worth reading when I was thirteen.

The strange thing is that when I pick an event and a place to stage it in, I begin to write it and later discover that I've placed the event in the exact spot where such an event took place eons ago! It happens over and over. While I'm creating, I'm picturing and describing an area that I can later pinpoint on maps, ancient and modern. I've picked it out of my imagination, I think - but then the research confirms what I seemed to know. Right down to the tree that grows by the front door! You'll see.  :) I seem to know exactly where I am.

So, am I "creating" while "imagining" the story? Or am I "channelling" it or remembering a past life?   

Curiouser and curiouser! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"While I'm creating, I'm picturing and describing an area that I can later pinpoint on maps, ancient and modern. I've picked it out of my imagination, I think - but then the research confirms what I seemed to know"

Does it matter, dear lady, which, or any of the above is true? Couldn't it be, that we are like needles, playing what has been recorded in Life's groves? If so, what set life's turntable in motion, and who lowered its needle (us) down onto it?