A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Friday, February 3, 2012

Someone To Watch Over me

You and I watch over so many others. Our children, aging parents, spouses, partners, friends and of course the pitter patter of little paws.
Isn't it a great thought that there are at least that many people watching  over us too - although if you're like me, you wonder about that sometimes. We shouldn't. The love and caring of those around us and those far away from us leaves an imprint in the space around us. Ever felt someone near or far thinking about you? if you have, you know immediately that they are.
We are each others angels. I know that for sure.
I wonder about Miss Kitty though. I think she's mostly her own angel - although she's all ears when it come to protecting us against the threats of the wild - the three labs that live next door, the mouse in the pantry - she has a special interest in whose messing around in the pantry. Her cookies are in there. And she'll call me when that hideous kettle goes off disturbing her snooze. Ditto the telephone.
I've read about angels and guides and inner voices and such and I believe in all of them. Not sure about the wings and halos but if that works for you, it's a lovely thought. I think we're surrounded by good vibes, loving thoughts and if we can believe that our inner guidance is our own best friend we're way ahead of the game. But what is this inner guidance? I don't know for sure. I think it may be a combination of all of the above. And an eternal soul that knows what's going on. We're all spirits I believe. We're here on earth learning how to be the best humans we can be. That's a real chore for me. I don't think I'll ever be the best human I can be. Sometimes I think I'm doing great and I'll pat myself on the back and say "That was nice of you, Ginny - good job!'" In the very next breath I'm looking at a spouse, a child, a friend with my hands on my hips (like a fish wife, my mother would say) saying "YOU DID WHAT!" Back to the classroom.
For me, I get the most help from my intuition. Like you, I just know when something feels right - or wrong. Emotions are very reliable guides. Inner voices, angel vibes, the thoughts of people around you whatever... They're all good. Jimminy Cricket was right :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginny, if I didn't mention it before, read Mark Twain's short story entitled, "Captain Stromfield's Visit to Heaven."

We humans are always the best we can be. We may be "better" tomorrow; but that's tomorrow, not now!

Reality is always what it is! It's constantly in flux; but it cannot be other than the sum of its parts!