A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Friday, July 6, 2012

When the GPS Screws UP!!

I've had some wonderful comments regarding "By Morning's Light" - from people I know, of course and many I don't.

It's so gratifying when people say how much this has helped them through a very bad stretch - or maybe someone they know. And when they tell me they've picked up several copies for people they think it will help - I'm blown away. Made speechless by your thoughtfulness and kindness. And it confirms to me that we're all in this together. We're all walking through this life side by side, and for the most part, we're all reaching out to help each other - to give one another a hand across a chasm in the road, a place where the road has  washed away - or where the fog is too dense to see... And while you're standing there spinning in your tracks, shaking your head, thinking "This isn't where I planned to be! Did I miss the road? What's going on?What the heck happened! Damn GPS!" Someone will reach out and say, "I'm here, hold on, we'll find your way back. We'll do this together."

Someone reached out to me not long after this happened to Drew, handed me a journal and said, "Write it all down. Everything. Every thought, every feeling, every memory." This dear friend knew about "chatharsis". She knew that by writing it all down, I would begin to feel better. I wasn't even thinking 'catharsis,' probably couldn't spell it either, but after a while I followed her advice. And as I wrote and relived Drew's life and his death, a strange thing happened. I began to look forward to "journaling" every day. (Something I'd never done.) And about 6 months into this, I actually could feel the load lightening, the darkness lifting. It was then that I began to think that if this could lift me - even a little bit - it might do the same for others And the more I thought about it the more the idea to put it into book form began to grow. And soon, "By Morning's Light" was born - thanks to a friend who reached out and helped me take the first step forward. That was Cindy.

I'm so glad we're all walking through this life together. I would have been lost without you.



No comments: