A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hi, World Travelers, Beach Go-ers, Mountain Climbers and all of my talented friends and family!

I hope you've shaken the sand out of your shoes, had a wonderful summer, and are ready  for anything this topsy-turvy world might throw at us.

I've been promising myself to make 'blog-contact' with you since the summer began but I've failed dismally. I make no excuses  - well, maybe just one - I've been busy penning book # 3.

Hopefully, today, I've found you at home relaxing after a summer full of travel, company and good things. Mine's been that way, other than the times I felt I needed to hand cuff myself to my desk and get on with the business of writing. It's a serious discipline, and when the sun's out and I can hear boats on the lake, children in the water, the ice cream boat in the distance - discipline tends to leave the building. Compound that with being MIA on the blog and the website and the inky tendrils of Guilt take over and I have to make a run for it - towards the ice cream boat and the water.

But hidden in the unruliness, I'm happy to say that # 3 is taking shape. It's working title is "Love Lines to Heaven" and it's all about the mystical, magical world of children and specifically, what they can tell us about where they've come from, (no storks involved) what did it feel like to be born and who are the invisible friends they talk to. They know so much. And if there's something you don't understand about the afterlife or pre-existence, Ask A Child!

These little humans, our newest earthlings, are still so close to Heaven, that their memories of that other place are still in tact, to one degree or another. Some are clearer than others, and some are more communicative but none of them are in any doubt about what they know.

It's been quite a journey, researching and gathering material for the book, talking to young children, talking to their parents, grandparents or teachers, and writing down their stories. My grand daughter Becca first gave me the idea when at the age of two she saw, and was able to describe, a long-deceased great-grandfather standing on their kitchen stairs. I had to wait a couple of years for her language skills to develop but when, at the age of four, I asked her,

"Boo, where were you before you came here? " 
She replied, "A place."
"Will you tell me about it?" I asked.
"Yup!"

For the next fifteen minutes or so, she bubbled over with stories of the light that's different to ours, and the colors and the people who were with her in that previous existence. Many of whom, now share this existence with her. When I asked her why she came to live in Richmond with her family, she told me that her great-grandfather had told her to. A man she'd never met, because he died over ten years before she was born.

So, the stories are documented and set, and the process of editing has begun. I'll tell you more as it goes along.

In the meantime, if you have a chatty 3 or 4 year old in your circle of small humans, and you feel comfortable doing this, ask a question - I think you'll be surprised.

And get out and enjoy the sun. Our bright and beautiful autumn will soon be here and the warmth will be leaving. So, get out and Have Fun!

Ginny

No comments: