A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow Day

If it thunders in February it will snow in April! My late mother-in-law knew these things and the way things are going I have no reason to disbelieve her.

If you live in my corner of Virginia you know that it snowed all day yesterday, took a breather at about 6:00 p.m. and then started up again at somewhere around midnight - I have to take someone's word for that as I was asleep, but we did add another inch to the 6 inches we got yesterday.

I loved it. But Miss Kitty was another matter. She was in all day and all last night, mostly snoozing, because she hates getting her feet wet and cold.
She also hates her litter box and will only pee outside. (Which I'm thankful for in  many ways.)

So I said, "Your ancestors were barn cats in Maine for heaven's sake! I can't believe you're worried about a little snow?"

She said, "My ancestors also had to eat raw mouse day and night. They didn't live in Virginia - with you... Anyway, they were fine. Their barns in Maine were better than the Norwegian forests that they used to live in."

So she was stayed inside with her legs crossed getting more bad tempered by the minute, until finally she couldn't take any longer and at 10:00 a.m. this morning she crept outside.



One step at a time, Dear Pussy Cat God!


Into the bushes.


Many ounces lighter ... That's enough of that!
And it's not even April yet!
 
Happy Snow Day Virginians! Happy Any sort of Day everyone else.
Seize it.

No comments: