A Shaft of Light

A Shaft of Light

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Another Coincidence?

As you know, I don't believe in coincidences. I mean come on! When they come in droves and they stack up on a bed of synchronicity ... there's something else going on.


Of course anything is possible, if you ask me - and it's possible that my publisher Llewellyn Worldwide moved heaven and earth to get my book released over the Mother's Day weekend. Shook everything up, shuffled things around to have it in my hands on Mother's Day. You think? This is a mega-publisher! They can't arrange such niceties. Even if my editor would really like that. No. I see the hand of Drew in this. Just the way he arranges for his friends to call me, to stop by - or sends orchids through one of them on Valentine's Day. Boys don't usually think of these things all by themselves... Do they?

I've been busy over the last few days, mailing copies to friends, signing copies for them and others and just as things were calming down a bit, my phone rang. It was a very close friend of Drew's and he said, "Did you call me?" No, I didn't. "Yes you did - this is Drew's Mom, right?" Yes it is. "Well, your phone just called me!" Really. "By the way, I've been busy but been meaning to ask you about the book you were writing ..."
I told him it was released that weekend and asked him if he'd like a copy. He would. Of courses he would. And Drew was reminding me to get him one.
Or was it a coincidence!  This stuff is so much fun!

No comments: